WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA
Personal data is information about an identifiable individual. This includes any information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact a specific individual. An individual’s opinions or beliefs, as well as facts about, or related to, the individual may also be considered personal information.
Personal data may include, but not limited to, your name, contact details, mailing address, e-mail address, occupation, identification card number, passport number, income, employer’s details, security recordings, images (photographs and video recordings) and any other such information that may be relevant to your application or request in your dealings with Go Auto Van.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Personal details are only collected if you provide them to us, directly or indirectly from third parties, website or public sources, but not limited to:
- When you contact us through Go Auto Van Authorized dealers (vehicle booking and /or obtain information)
- When you contact us through Go Auto Van’s website, Facebook or Instagram
- When you contact our Customer Service.
- Through marketing activities or events, for example at road shows, exhibitions and/or business card collections.
- Through third parties such as our business partners and/or your agents;
- Data collected through participation in customer satisfaction surveys and/or respond to communications
- Data collected through servicing your vehicle at Go Auto Van Authorized dealers.
- Data provided by you such as comments, queries or messages submitted to Go Auto Van in whatever manner.
PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
The processing of the personal data as provided under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 means collecting, recording, holding or storing the personal data or carrying out any operations or set of operations on the personal data, but not limited to:
- To process your order to purchase our products and/or services.
- Verify your identity when you contact us.
- Respond to inquiries, comments and suggestion from you.
- To enable us to provide you with your requested product and service.
- To assist GVT SDN. BHD. to detect and prevent fraud and/or illegal activities.
- For GVT SDN. BHD. internal records management.
- To carry out market analysis, research and customer profiling to study market trends
- To provide you with customer support and after-sales services
- To facilitate your participation in any contest, event and/or membership program
- To improve the quality of Go Auto Van’s products and /or services
- To support the business, financial and risk monitoring, planning and decision making
Additionally, your personal data may be collected, processed and used for the following optional purposes:
- To deal with the mailing and communication of information literature ( e.g. invitations to exclusive events, information on promotions and offers, sending magazines and /or newsletter)
- To identify other products and services which might be of interest to you and to inform you about Go Auto Van’s products and services
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data provided to us may be disclosed to the following classes of third parties (in or outside of Malaysia) as required under the law or pursuant to relevant contractual relationship (for example, where we appoint third party service providers) or for the purposes or directly related to the purposes stated.
- Entities within Go Auto Group of Companies.
- GVT SDN. BHD. and Go Auto Van authorized dealers parts suppliers.
- Our partners such as insurance companies, banks and financial institutions.
- Government departments or agencies, statutory authorities and industry regulators.
- Law enforcement agencies.
- Third parties appointed by us to provide services to us or on our behalf (such as auditor, lawyer, company secretary, service
providers, printing company, telecommunications company, contractor, events and training organizers and other advisers).
- TAssociated companies and outsourcing partners);
- Data centre and servers for storage purpose;